Disruption is only Fun ..
February 19, 2015 Leave a comment
.. when you’re doing it to someone else.
The rest of the time, it’s discovery .. it’s when you find a way to do something with an existing application or workflow that surprises and delights others. Consider:
- Multiple deletes of emails on a mobile device
- Workflow process that does ‘something’
- A ‘wow’ factor (search my blog for those little jewels).
Anything that enhances the experience for the rest of the carbon-based life forms.
The rest of the time, it is ‘by design’. Something a clever product group or a talented developer brought to the fore. Some thoughts:
- Markets get disrupted when there is critical mass with a group that does something en masse (think Uber).
- Couples get disrupted when a partner gets there faster (‘there’ may be personal growth, situational recognition or a well-kept goal). Help me, Doctor Phil!
- People get disrupted when life changes occur .. we have all had these.
Beyond lemons to lemonade, we manage disruption in different ways. It’s more than adaptation .. more than coping. We succeed as CB life forms if we thrive with disruption .. disruption that is a way of life today.