If I had $10 and an Online Music Account, I’d ..
June 7, 2011 1 Comment
So, I got to thinking. If I were to list the ten songs that had touched me over the years, what would they be? “Favorite” isn’t really a strong enough term, but you get the idea.
As I compiled the following list, I found myself pointing out (to myself, mind you) that:
- Some of the songs had lyrics that represented something going on in my life at the time.
- Some were musically significant (in my opinion); that is, interesting chordal changes, powerful solo or vocal, etc.
- Others made the list “just because”.
The list is not in any particular order, nor is it complete (you’ll note there are only nine songs). That wasn’t because I couldn’t think of a tenth; it was because I realized that I had other music that was important to me, and I felt I should do some prioritizing before finalizing the list. Then I realized: my life is not over; I’m entering another important chapter right now. Like “life, the universe and everything” (thanks to Douglas Adams), the list is subject to change:
- "Foreplay" / "More than a Feeling", by Boston
- "Desperado", by The Eagles
- "Hideaway", by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- "When You See a Chance", by Steve Winwood
- "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning", by Frank Sinatra
- "Touch", by John Klemmer
- "Please Stay the Night", by Chuck Mangione
- "Tell Me To My Face", by John Fogelberg and Tim Weisburg
- "Life Beyond LA", by Ambrosia
Stay tuned to this space, and please comment with your favorites.
Original Post:May 2005