November 24, 2006 Leave a comment
Another classic, this time, targeting an EBay seller:
- Mouse over the action button and links and you’ll see an IP (instead of an EBay link) in the URL preview.
- Mouse over the item URL and you’ll see an IP (instead of an EBay link) in the URL preview.
- The button is served from EBay, as are the colors and EBay icon.
- The buyer link is legitimate.
- The reply-to address is accurate.
Not a bad phish, of course, it would have been nice if
- I was actually selling something on EBay.
- The end date of the auction wasn’t almost two months ago.
Don’t fall for these, folks.