Restoring BizTalk Server 2004
April 30, 2005 1 Comment
Instructions for restoring BizTalk Server 2004. See Backing Up BizTalk Server 2004 for backup instructions.
TEST ON A SAMPLE ENVIRONMENT. Always.
Determine if you’re doing full log restores or restoring to Stop Marks.
Stop the following services:
- BizTalk Service: BizTalk Group
- BizTalk SharePoint Messaging Manager
- Enterprise Single Sign-On Service
- Rules Update Service
Copy the backup files from the backup folder to your operational folder.
Create a SQL script with these commands (edit database names and paths, as appropriate):
— BizTalk Database Restoration Script
— DatabaseName = the BizTalk Database to restore.
— DB/LogFileName = the BizTalk backup data and log file names.
— StopMark = the BizTalk Stop Mark at which the backup occurred (looks like “BTS_2005_04_01_16_22_29_109“)
RESTORE Database DatabaseName FROM DISK = ‘x:\BizTalkBackupFolder\DBFileName’
RESTORE LOG DatabaseName FROM DISK = ‘x:\BizTalkBackupFolder\LogFileName’
RESTORE LOG FROM DISK = ‘x:\BizTalkBackupFolder\LogFileName’
STOPATMARK = ‘StopMark’
Run the MS SQL Query Analyzer:
- Connect to the SQL server storing the BizTalk databases (you may need to provide authentication)
- Open/Paste the script(s) you created above
- Repeat/script these steps for each of the following databases (default names; modify for your environment):
Note errors and take corrective action. Restart services when complete.