Backup / Restore Windows System Disks in Windows Azure
August 9, 2013 Leave a comment
As we all continue to embrace the Cloud (Windows Azure, in particular) as our machine-of-choice for commodity IT operations, the requirement to capture current-state VMs becomes a day-to-day reality for IT professionals. Let’s discuss some options to consider:
- The WBAdmin (Windows Server Backup Command Reference). In it, you’ll find API commands to schedule backups, perform manual backups, recover files, and so on. For automated bits and pieces to get you started, check out Windows Azure Backup Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell for samples.
- For whole-system backups, connect to the “Next Steps” section of “Windows Azure Backup (Preview)” to get started.
- Want to do backups simply, using the “Copy Blob REST API”? We have you covered.
- Checked out the bits above, but need an easy start? Let’s look at “Configure Windows Azure Backup to quickly and easily back-up Windows Server”.
- Whether a developer or an IT Guy, the Cloud is a component of your toolbox you should consider. It’s a great journey!
- I’ll see you there.